AmigaActive (1797/2143)

From:Nick Lamburn
Date:28 May 2000 at 20:25:22
Subject:Busters (was Kickstart Show)

Hi Kevin

>>> And it's only a buster 6 chip.
>>
>> There is no buster chip rev 6, its 7, 9, 11. If you have a 7 you`ll find
>> the machine will work ok, do NOT replace it with a Rev 9 (unless you`re
>> mad)
>
> There IS (according to the "definitive buster" guide by Dave Haynie) a
> version 6, and it was only available with some 030/25 machines (like the
> one I've just bought) ....

There is a rev 6 buster, something like 6a iirc. Also there is a rev. 8 as
well, which was a beta version of 9 (which they obviously fouled up ;).

> And if I do replace it, it will be with an 11 ...

Ooooh gooooo onnnnn, you know want to stick a rev. 9 in there ;) Anyway,
all you get with a Buster 11 is faster ZIII access, which is nice. :)

Regards

Nick.

.--------------------------------------------------------------.
| ONLY THE AMIGA MAKES IT POSSIBLE, It has done so since 1985! |
| ------------------------------------------------------------ |
| Trogladite Software - Nick Lamburn | __ __
| http://trogsoft.high5.net oruk_amigan@btinternet.com | / // /�
| So the world may know..... | / // /
Want to be a Trogladite Software Developer? \ \\ \/ // /
E-Mail me TODAY! \ / // /

Old school buds here: